Chapter Three News:
- We've launched over 50 sites in the last two weeks. This is not a drill.
- Alex Pott listened to the DA discussing the future of composer and Drupal.org. It's exciting that we are able to use composer to manage Drupal projects and it'll be seamless once Drupal.org supports it out-of-the-box.
- Alex also discussed client-side frameworks with the core committers. "My primary concern is that we don't get too coupled to the way we decouple. We also spent a lot of time discussing how to manage 8.0.x and 8.1.x - we're finally getting to grips with the process and the RTBC queue. I think predictable minor releases containing new features will make it much easier to invest in core development."
- Alex also worked on an important issue about how content dependencies are handled during configuration synchronisation.
- SANDCamp is coming and we'll be trainings and giving sessions. Hope you're ready for some OOPHP and Drupal 8 Theme Training!
What we've been sharing:
- HuffingtonPost has an article about Tsu.co - a new social network where users are compensated for the content they create.
- Learning to code is harder than you think, probably.
- Want to help curb the seasonal pine-tree-genocide? Forevergreen Christmas Tree is serving the Bay Area.
- High wire articulation of g-speak's distributed, participatory, multi-modal UI at massive scale. In other words, a really schnazzy media gallery.
- Awh, buh-bye Mailbox and Carousel.
- A seriously fun and creative collection of Yule Logs to keep your season interesting.
- SnazzyMaps provides a UI to the display options behind Google Maps.
- Regular Captchas are boring. Try to figure out these metal logos!
- If you haven't started using Sketch, you should. Here's a handy guide to mastering Sketch and Swift 2 - complete with keyboard mapping cheat-sheet.
- Boxy is an OSX app for Gmail's Inbox, and we generally dig it.
- Want to find out if any of your Facebook Friends like Trump?
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages project is quite intriguing.
- Markdown fans can rejoice to this Markdown-to-Confuence gem.
- Drones are providing a very unique photographic opportunity for several artists.
- Windows 3.1 still lives (in the French Airport)!
- Rdio is sunsetting, but you can gather all of your user-data.
- Packt Publishing is giving away a book per day until Christmas.
- Here's 45 minutes of Nick Offerman sitting quietly drinking Scotch by the yule log.
- All hail Pickle Cat.
Finally, there's this. Happy Holidays, everyone.