Custom Content, Fields and Lists
This two-day workshop will explore modules and configurations you can combine to build more customized systems using Drupal. You’ll create many examples of more advanced configurations and content displays using the Field and Views modules. We’ll guide you through the complex User Interfaces that Drupal provides for controlling and customizing the many different ways to present lists and tables of your site’s content.
What you will learn:
- Creating custom content types
- Building RSS feeds
- Allowing viewers to filter results
- Building interactive tables
- Displaying content in a grid
- Adding a date field to your content, and sorting by date
- Creating iCAL feeds and other date displays
- Using views arguments to dynamically filter your results based on the URL
- How other modules integrate with Views
Site you will build: http://dsb.training.chapterthree.com
Previous experience using Drupal, and a basic understanding of nodes, comments, blocks, modules and themes. Chapter Three’s Drupal Site Building: Day 1 will satisfy this requirement.
Enroll in a workshop near you
No upcoming workshops at this time.