It's a reality that web designers, developers, and UXers live with every day: there is a tension between the best practices touted by industry leaders and the reality of getting the job done. Common challenges include:
- A content-first approach to web design doesn't work if the client has no content.
- A mobile-first approach doesn't work if the client only has the budget to deal with desktop.
- Compelling content can't exist if the client doesn't have the resources to create it.
And yet, great websites are still produced. We overcome hurdles like these on every single project. Over time we've gotten better at dealing with a lack of copy, images, key messaging, staff resources, and time.
So what's our solution?
Understanding the "real" problem is the starting point for figuring out how to deliver the highest value. We have a rock-solid process that we regularly adapt to solve our clients' actual problems.
We'll talk about how to create kick-ass work in the face of adversity and explore what tactics are right for you. We will cover:
- Contextualizing best practices
- Identifying opportunities to deliver value
- Understanding your strengths
- Flexible design patterns
- Solutions that transcend design